Quadra-Fire • QFP38 Series • 4061-300 Rev i • 9/09 1
Installation and Operation
Installation and service of this appliance should be
performed by qualiﬁ ed personnel. Hearth & Home
Technologies suggests NFI certiﬁ ed or factory-
trained professionals, or technicians supervised
by an NFI certiﬁ ed professional.
If the information in these instruc-
tions is not followed exactly, a
ﬁ re may result causing property
damage, personal injury, or death.
• Do not store or use gasoline or other ﬂ am-
mable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of
this or any other appliance.
• What to do if you smell gas:
not try to light any appliance.
- Do not touch any electrical switch. Do not
use any phone in your building.
- Immediately call your gas supplier from
a neighbor’s phone. Follow the gas
- If you cannot reach your gas supplier , call
the ﬁ re department.
• Installation and service must be performed
by a qualiﬁ ed installer, service agency, or
the gas supplier.
DO NOT DISCARD THIS MANUAL
• Important operating and
• Leave this manual with
party responsible for
use and operation.
• Read, understand and follow
these instructions for safe
installation and operation.
In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts installation
must be performed by a licensed plumber or gas ﬁ tter;
See Table of Contents for location of additional
Commonwealth of Massachusetts requirements.
Glass and other surfaces are hot during
operation and cool down.
• CAREFULLY SUPERVISE children in same room as
• Alert children and adults to hazards of high
High temperatures may ignite clothing or other
ﬂ ammable materials.
• Keep clothing, furniture, draperies and other combustibles
Hot glass will cause burns.
• Do not touch glass until it is cooled
• NEVER allow children to touch glass
• Keep children away
This appliance requires the installation of a decorative
front wit h an integ ral bar rie r to pr event dir ect cont act
with the ﬁ xed glass panel. Do NOT operate the appliance
with the barrier removed.
Contact your dealer or Hearth & Home Technologies if the
barrier is not present or help is needed to properly install one.